Tour to Dadiani Palace and Inguri Dam
Today we will visit the historical province of Megrelia, which is located in the western part of Georgia. In the late Middle Ages the Megrels had their own dynasty of the sovereign princes Dadiani. The magnificent and original structure interestingly combines national and imperial motives. The palace was erected in 1873-78. for the princess Ekaterina Dadiani, sister of the wife of Alexander Griboedov Nina Chavchavadze.
Zugdidi State Historical and Ethnographic Museum, which collected more than 40,000 unique historical sites is located in the palace of Dadiani. Another spectaculous site of palace is an archaeological gallery. Also remarkable is the numismatic collection collected by David Dadiani, including the coins of Kolkhida, Rome, Georgia, Poland, Hungary, Byzantium and Russia. Another important part of the gallery is a collection of ancient icons with jeweled casing and religious artifacts. But the main treasure of the museum is the shroud of the Virgin Mary and one of the three posthumous masks of Napoleon.
The next spectaculous site is the largest Enguri HPP in the Caucasus. It is the world’s tallest dam with a height of 271.5 m. The spirit captures when you are there, magnificent mountain landscapes reveals from a massive dam. So it can safely be called one of the most beautiful dams in the world. There is an excellent viewing platform from where is possible descry in every detail not only the dam, but also the surrounding mountains.
Places to visit:
- Dadiani Palace and the Botanical Garden are the main attraction of the city of Zugdidi.
- The Enguri water reservoir is the highest and most beautiful dam in the world.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
|NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
Price on a day tour to Dadiani Palace and Inguri Dam.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers
|7 – 14 pers
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.