Trip from Batumi to Kutaisi
Trip from Batumi to Kutaisi – step away from Batumi for a day and explore what else the country (and beyond) has to offer with one of these great day trips. A day out of the city can broaden your perspective of the country and add unexpected experiences to your travels in Georgia. As a historic city with breathtaking scenery, modern art and culinary experiences, Kutaisi has many things to offer its visitors.
Located about two hours by car from Batumi, Kutaisi is a town best known for being home to the ancient monasteries and caves. Visitors can also stop by Gelati Monastery, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, and take a stroll along White Bridge, which offers amazing views over the city.
Today we will visit:
- Gelati monastery* was founded during the bright heyday of Georgian state by David IV, also known as David the Builder in 1106. Cathedral was sanctified in an honor of nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Monastery is a memorial of a world heritage since 1994.
- Motsameta monastery* (the monastery of St. David and Konstantin) is a one of the bright sight not only of Kutaisi, but of the whole Georgia. The monastery is built on the mountain where Georgian dukes David and Konstantin Mkheidze who refused to recognize Islam where executed by Muslim invaders. In XI century stately temple and a monastery were built here, get a name “Motsameta”. Which means “martyr” in honor of Duke David and Konstantin, who were ranked as a saints of Georgian church.
- Temple of Bagrat* were created under the governing body of Bagrat the III rd, as a main cathedral of his united Georgian Kingdom and was sanctified in honor of the Assumption of the Virgin in 1003 year. The temple was recognized as a main state cathedral for a long time. King David IV the Builder was ascended the throne in 1089 and was crowned within the walls of the cathedral.
- Sataplia National Park* – the mountain name translate as a “place, where honey is”. Tourists may see traces of real dinosaurs and karst caves of Sataplia. Heart-shaped Stalagmite can be called the heart of the cave. You can make a wish putting your hand in the hollow of the stalagmite.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on trip from Batumi to Kutaisi.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.