Kutaisi city tour
Kutaisi city tour – is one of the most interesting excursions in Kutaisi. During tour you will visit the main sights of the city. The city is famous with wide variety of temples. On Kutaisi territory you can find small and cozy monasteries. And huge temple complexes, which amaze with their grandeur. Each of them has its own unique history, and the age of some of them goes back many centuries. You should definitely visit the most interesting and beautiful of them, and we will readily give you this opportunity!
Today we will visit:
- Gelati monastery of Virgin Mary was founded during the bright heyday of Georgian state by David IV, also known as David the Builder in 1106. Cathedral was sanctified in an honor of nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Monastery is a memorial of a world heritage since 1994.
- Motsameta monastery is a one of the bright sight not only of Kutaisi, but of the whole Georgia. The monastery is built on the mountain where Georgian dukes David and Konstantin Mkheidze. They refused to recognize Islam where executed by Muslim invaders. In XI century stately temple and a monastery were built here, get a name “Motsameta” which means “martyr” in honor of Duke David and Konstantin, who were ranked as a saints of Georgian church.
- Temple of Bagrat were created under the governing body of Bagrat the III rd, as a main cathedral of his united Georgian Kingdom and was sanctified in honor of the Assumption of the Virgin in 1003 year. The temple was recognized as a main state cathedral for a long time whose majestic ensemble was decorated with a rich mosaic and gorgeous and graceful carving. King David IV the Builder was ascended the throne in 1089 and was crowned within the walls of the cathedral.
- Sataplia National Park – the mountain name translate as a “place, where honey is”. Tourists may see traces of real dinosaurs and karst caves of Sataplia. Heart-shaped Stalagmite can be called the heart of the cave. You can make a wish putting your hand in the hollow of the stalagmite.
- By the request Sataplia National Park can be changed to Prometheus cave.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on Kutaisi city tour.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.