Trip to Kutaisi from Tbilisi
Trip to Kutaisi from Tbilisi will give you a good overview of Georgia and its population, will make you acquainted with its culture, traditions, historical and architectural heritage. Kutaisi is the second capital of Georgia is exciting with its historical facilities, many of which are under UNESCO protection. Kutaisi’s central location makes it the best hub to see several wonders of the country. Trip to Kutaisi from Tbilisi is accompanied with live guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
Today we will visit:
- Gelati monastery of Virgin Mary* was founded by David the Builder. “David has an intention to build a monastery and he chooses the most wonderful and perfect place, where an arches of sanctuary are sealed as a second heaven”. Cathedral was sanctified in an honor of nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Monastery is a memorial of a world heritage since 1994.
- Motsameta monastery* (the monastery of St. David and Konstantin) is a one of the bright sight of the whole Georgia. The monastery is built on the mountain where Georgian dukes David and Konstantin Mkheidze, who refused to recognize Islam, were executed by Muslim invaders. In XI century stately temple and a monastery were built here. And get a name “Motsameta”, which means “martyr” in honor of Duke David and Konstantin, who were ranked as a saints of Georgian church. KUTAISI FROM TBILISI
- Bagrat Temple* were created under the governing body of Bagrat the III rd, as a main cathedral of his united Georgian Kingdom. Temple was sanctified in honor of the Assumption of the Virgin in 1003 year. King David IV the Builder was ascended the throne in 1089 and was crowned within the walls of the cathedral.
- Sataplia National Park* – the mountain name translate as a “place, where honey is”. Tourists may see traces of real dinosaurs and karst caves of Sataplia. Heart-shaped Stalagmite can be called the heart of the cave. You can make a wish putting your hand in the hollow of the stalagmite.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
|NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
Price on day trip to Kutaisi from Tbilisi.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers
|7 – 14 pers
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you