Trip to Svaneti from Tbilisi
Svaneti is the country of freedom-loving highlander and the famous Svaneti’s towers (koshki). The country never knew invasions nevertheless highlanders stand for their country until the bitter end. Famous Svaneti’s koshki- towers are the perfect defense for all family stands almost at each house. Towers were built by whole families and villages. The bottom of towers were covered with stones to keep structure fixedly. An entrance was placed highly and in case of danger family climbed up in tower by upstairs. There is a long wooden stepladder upstairs inside the tower, it was the place for fired from invasions. Although they say there were a few ones assuming the fact that its hard to get to Svaneti villages. The land of Svaneti is the most hard-to-reach region of Georgia.
Places to visit:
- The museum of Mestia is dedicated to the greatest mountaineer of the world so called “cliffs tiger” Mikhail Khergiani, who died in 1969 while clumbing the mountain in Italy and in his honor was awarded with a posthumous compositions.
- Mestia is a general town of Svaneti with an amazing nature and architecture.
- Svaneti’s tower (koshki) is a highlander bastion. Towers served as a defense during internecine confrontations most often causes by the habit of blood feud. Families could live for years in towers, until the danger is over.
- Lamaria church – church of an Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. According to legend Queen Tamar is buried in.
- Chazhashi castle is Queen Tamar’s former residence.
- Latali was a spiritual and cultural centre of Svaneti until 1921. Latali in translation means freedom and thanks to the svans the enemy’s foot and princely authority never stepped on the land.
- Ushguli is a IX century-old monument of the UNESCO worlds heritage. Ushguli is the most alpine community of Europe located at 2200m above sea level.
P.S. ( Note): LEGENDS OF SVANETI
- Departure to Svaneti is possible in case of ordering individual transport or aircraft, pre-booked option is the most preferable.
- Tour to Svaneti takes 2 days therefore it is required to be in fit.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on Trip to Svaneti from Tbilisi.
1 – 6 pers
|7 – 12 pers||13 – 18 pers|
|by request||by request|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you