Tour to Rabati and Vardzia
The world of magic and unexplored emotions will open a tour to Rabati and Vardzia. The cave city of Vardzia is invisible city with a centuries-old history, gigantic complex which for many centuries served as a shelter and defense to thousands of people. Monastery is more looks like a military stockade than a spiritual place for prayers due to earthquakes, invasions and military conflicts. Rabat Castle is very interesting in its turn, it is the main sight of Georgian city Akhaltsikhe. Akhaltsikhe fortress was based in XIII century, than from XVI century was under the authority of Ottoman Empire. In XIX century castle passed under the protection of Russian Empire and than finally returned to the rightful owners Georgians. Thereby trend of different countries and cultures were unified in architecture.
Places to visit:
- The cave city of Vardzia was built in 12th century by Queen of Georgia, Tamar the Great and was able to accomodate about 20 thousands people. Besides monastery there were a large number of tunnels, passes and stairways, several residential buildings, libraries and even plumbing. The most amazing fact was that Vardzia consist of 13 floors, including more than 600 dwelling spaces. RABAT CASTLE AND CAVE CITY VARDZIA
- The largest fortress of Georgia Rabati Castle originally called Lomsia was based in IX century. Castle denomination comes from Arabic “ar-ribat” what means a fortified monastery. There is a lot of interesting sights within the castle walls such as chateau, tower, internal patios with pools and fountains, enfilades, small garden-labyrinth.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
|NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE
Price on a day tour to Rabati and Vardzia from Kutaisi
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers
|7 – 14 pers
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.