Description of 6 days “Saint Valentine’s Day in Georgia”
Trip Route: Tbilisi – Mtskheta – Signakhi
Day 1 – Arrive to Tbilisi airport
Arrival and Meeting in Tbilisi airport.
Transfer to the hotel. Check in.
Dinner in restaurant, you will taste national cuisine and enjoy live music and Georgian National Dances.
Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 2 – Tbilisi and Mtskheta city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. Mtskheta and Tbilisi city tour:
- Svetitskhoveli Temple built in 11 century is heart of Mtskheta. Temple is raised on a place where the first wooden Saint Sydonia Orthodox church was built in 4th century. Following Georgian kings buried in temple, before shrine: Vakhtang Gorgasali founder of Tbilisi, Irakli the first ruler of Kakheti, Bagrationi Dynasty.
- Samtavro Monastery reposit many sanctuary: thicket of brambles of Saint Nino (Makvlovani), Svetitskhoveli life-giving pillar, «Iveria» Holy Virgin and Saint Nino wonderworking icons, reliquiae of Saint Abybos Nekressian and Shio of Mgvime
- Jvari Monastery stands on Mount Armazi near the old Georgian capital of Mtskheta. And under the mountain, indeed, the rivers Aragvi and Kura are rustling, merging with green streams. According to legend, the holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Nino, walking through Georgia with a sermon, put a cross here. And a small church was built on the site of the cross in 545.
Dinner in restaurant (for additional fee). Way back to Tbilisi.
- Narikala based in IV century fortress, change layout and denomination several time, but still remain a tower of strength for locals
- Mother of Georgia is a monument symbolizing Georgian national character having in one hand, wine bowl with wine to greet those who came as a friend, into another sword – for those who came as an enemy.
- Metekhi Temple – a temple built on a cliff above Mtkvari was the residence of Georgian kings. It was at this temple that Abo Tbilisi, the heavenly patron and defender of Tbilisi, died martyrically.
- Leselidze Street and Baratashvili Bridge – in the past the street was called the Armenian Bazaar, then it was named after General Konstantin Leselidze. This is the main street of the Old Town. Bridge Baratashvili is considered one of the first bridges of Tbilisi. The bridge offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral is located in Tbilisi, on the hill of St. Ilya. This is the main cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church.
- Abanotubani – presumably here the city of Tbilisi began at sulfur sources.
Way back to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 3 – Day trip to Kakheti
Breakfast in the hotel. Moving to Signakhi – city of love is located in Kakheti region, which is consider as a wine region. Signakhi is surrounded by defensive wall with watchtower from you can enjoy fantastic views of the Alazani Valley covered with vineyards and mountain peaks. 2 km far from Signakhi is situated Bodbe monastery, where rest reliquiae of representative of the Enlightenment, equal to the Apostles Nino famous among tourists and pilgrims. Straight after excursion we will head off to wine tasting and dinner.
Completion of the program. Way back to Tbilisi. Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 4 – Departure from Tbilisi
Breakfast in the hotel
Check out. Transfer to the airport.
Happy flight and soft landing!
We will be glad to see you again in Georgia!
What your tour price includes?
Want to book 4 days tour on holiday “Saint Valentine’s Day in Georgia”?
Do you want to ask a question or book a tour? Use the form “BOOK NOW” or “SEND INQUIRY”