Spiritual Batumi Tour
Spiritual Batumi Tour – is the tour of the religious sights of our city is very interesting and exciting. Being a port city Batumi sheltered many different nationalities and people of different religious views. You can just stroll around the city and see the temples and mosque yourself, but it will be much more interesting and informative to hear the history of each of them.
Places to visit:
- The Church of St. Nicholas* is a historical church in the heart of Batumi, built by the Greeks in about 1865.
- Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary* – Built as a Catholic church in 1903 with the funds of the Zubalashvili brothers in a memory of the deceased mother Elizabeth.
- Orta-Akhmed-Pasha Mosque* – the mosque was built in 1866 with funds donated by the mother of the famous public figure of Adjara Aslan-beg Khimshiashvili.
- Armenian Apostolic Church* (Church of the Holy Christ of the Savior) or simply Surb Prkich in Batumi was built in 1879 and for the first time was wooden.
- Synagogue* is one of the most beautiful synagogues not only in Georgia. The permission for the construction Batumi Jews received in 1899, and the construction project of Leo Volkovich ended in 1904.
- Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit* – began to function in 2000. The style of the temple is more modern and more “colonial”, somewhat reminiscent of the Brazilian and Mexican churches.
- The military cathedral of St. Alexander Nevsky* – on the site of which the hotel Intourist is now located – was laid in Batumi on September 25 in 1888, when the Russian Emperor Alexander the IIIrd and his family visited Batumi and its surroundings, laid the foundation stone for the future Orthodox church.
- The Church of St. Barbara* – was also founded in 1888 under the military hospital. The construction was conducted with the funds of Emperor Alexander the IIIrd and was completed in 1906
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on Spiritual Batumi Tour.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to book transport service please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you