Description of weeklong trip to Georgia “The lands of ancient Colchis”
Trip Route: Kutaisi – Zugdidi – Batumi – Mountainous Adjara – Kutaisi
Day 1 – Arrive in Kutaisi
Arrival and Meeting in Kutaisi airport.
Transfer to the hotel. Check in.
Overnight in the hotel in Kutaisi.
Day 2 – Kutaisi city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. Heading off to excursion Through ancient Colchis terrene
Trip to Kutaisi, city is one of the most ancient city of Georgia, second capital of country, very interesting for its historical points such as temples, historical architectural monuments and ancient monastery, the most of which are under the protection of UNESCO
- First Stop at Gelati Monastery founded by David IV the Builder in 1106 in the heyday of Georgian State. David the Builder is buried in Gelati, under the arc of the main gate.
- Motsameta Monastery is smothered in greenery, is the one of the bright attraction not only Kutaisi but the whole Georgia. Monastery built on mountain where Georgian princes David and Konstantine Mkheidze refused to accept Islam and were execute by Muslims. Temple was built by Bagrat the Great in a honor of brother’s Mkheidze.
- Furthermore we will visit Bagrat Temple built in the reign of Bagrat III, as a main temple of united Georgian Kingdom and consecrated in honor of Assumption of Virgin in 1003. The temple was considered to be the main state temple for many years. Bagrat Temple play essential role from strategically point of view.
- Furthermore Sataplia National Park which was accidentally discovered by local sitizen in the mid of XX century. Mountain name translated as “place where honey is”. Three main sight for tourist sector with traces of real dinosaurs, Sataplia karst caves and viewing point with a glass balcony on the top of Sataplia mountain.
Way back to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel in Kutaisi.
Day 3 – Trip to Dadiani Palace
Breakfast in the hotel. Departure to Zugdidi.
Today we are moving towards Zugdidi, Megrelia. For a long time noble kin of Dadiani ruled here and an amazing Dadiani palace preserved to our days – winter residence of Dadiani dukes. In 1878 main palace was built for Duchess Ekaterina Dadiani, who was born in family of a great figure of Georgia Alexander Chavchavadze. Middle ages armaments, treasure-trove dated by the first millennium BC, golden antique mask, and icon of Georgian mother Queen Tamara, paintings and a lot more things associated with Dadiani life are stored in the museum of palace. One of three death mask of Napoleon is placed in the central hall.
Furthermore is attendance thehighest dam in the world, 271.5 heights – Hydro-Electro Power Station of Inguri; breathtaking sightseeing. Wonderful mountain scene opens from massive dam; consequently you may bravely call the dam one of the wonderful places in world. Viewing point is available for curious tourists, from that point is possible to view surrounding mountains.
Moving towards Batumi. Overnight in the hotel in Batumi.
Day 4 – Free day in Batumi
Breakfast in the hotel. Free day
Overnight in the hotel in Batumi.
Day 5 – Batumi city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. Heading off to sightseeing tour of Batumi and today we will visit:
- Historical part of Batumi and walk through the most beautiful embankment of the State. We will visit Saint Nicholas Church and Piazza Square, Armenian Apostolic Church, Holy Virgin Mary Cathedral Temple, Orta Djame, narrow streets of old city and will climb high in the mountains, to see Batumi from the bird’s eye view. Also will visit sculpture “Ali and Nino” chanting hymn of love.
- Furthermore moving to Mountainous Adjara where we will visit the confluence place of Adjaristskali and Chorokhi rivers, climb further to Keda settlement where Makhuntseti waterfall and arch bridge of Queen Tamara are located.
- On the way back we will visit ethnographic museum Borjgalo placed in Batumi suburb and represents little copy of traditional Adjara village. Mini complex occupy 3000 square meters and demonstrably tells about the life of indigenous citizen of Adjara. In ordinary wooden houses, wax figures dressed in national clothes, show the life and traditions of the Georgian craft.
Overnight in the hotel in Batumi.
Day 6 – Departure from Batumi
Breakfast in the hotel.
Check out. Trip to airport.
Happy flight and soft landing!
We will be glad to see you again in Georgia!
What your tour price includes?
Want to book weeklong trip to Georgia “The lands of ancient Colchis”?
Do you want to ask a question or book a tour? Use the form “BOOK NOW” or “SEND INQUIRY”