Trip to Mtskheta and Ananuri
Mtskheta is the first capital of Georgia. The place that should be the first in the visiting list. According to legend, the city was founded by descendant of Noah Mtskhetos (being also the eldest son of Kartlos, the progenitor of the Kartvelians, from whom the name of the whole country came) in the middle of the 1st millennium BC at the conflux of the Aragvi and Kura rivers. TRIP TO MTSKHETA AND ANANURI
Georgia in Georgian means “Sakartvelo” what means “a place where Kartvel’s live.” After capital transposition from Mtskheta to Tbilisi by King Vakhtang Gorgasali, the first was almost emptied, and in 736 after the regular Arab invasion Mtskheta almost died as a city. In the early 19th century Russians came here. They saw only a huge granite temple with a dilapidated stone wall – and nothing more. However, in recent decades, the government program adopted in Georgia to revive the ancient capital has led to the fact. The city of Mtskheta was reborn and is one of the main attractions of Georgia.
Places to visit:
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral* – translated from the Georgian as a life-giving pillar, was built in 1010 and for many millennia was the main temple of Georgia.
- Jvari monastery* was founded in the 7th century. Saint Nino (one of the main patron saints of Georgia) had a vision and she established the first cross in Georgia on the mountain. For the first time Christianity in Georgia rose above paganism. The monastery is the first monument of World Heritage in Georgia and by the way Svetitskhoveli is the second one.
- The fortress Ananuri* – is in a picturesque place on the bank of Zhinvali Dam was stage of numerous battles; Main supporting point of fearsome Aragvi Eristav’s who guarded the way to an ancient capital of Dusheti. Zhinvali Dam is the most beautiful place of Georgia. Turquoise mirror of water reservoir which sprawled between the mountain peaks is unusually picturesquely in any time of the year.
- An ancient Georgian Military Road* passes along the Zhinvali dam shore. The road had been named since the time of Russian Empire.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on day trip to Mtskheta and Ananuri from Tbilisi
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you