Adjara grand city tour
Adjara grand city tour is one of the most beautiful and full day trip in Batumi. If it is you first holiday in Batumi we advise you to start with this trip. Fantastic waterfalls, mountain peaks, arched bridges and historical places are waiting for you during the whole trip.
Today we will visit:
- The Church of St. Nicholas is a historic church in the heart of Batumi, built by the Greeks around 1865.
- Piazza is a relatively new object and one of the most interesting place. It is a small piece of Italy in the heart of Batumi.
- Europe Square is located in the center of Batumi and is surrounded by central streets here you will see a statue of Medea, the daughter of the Kolkhian king, who helped the Argonauts to stole the Golden Fleece;
- Neptune Fountain and Ilya Chavchavadze Drama Theater on Theater Square.
- Boulevard – the resort city of Batumi is famous not only for its ancient temples and other historical sights, but also for the Seaside Park, and even the inhabitants of the city more often call him the boulevard.
- Batumi seaport – the building of the present Marine Station was built in 1962 by the architects Novakov and Kremlyakov. It is still considered to be one of the symbols of Old Batumi.
- The tower of the Georgian alphabet – the alphabet symbolizes the respect and love of the Georgians for their Motherland, culture and history. The tower is implemented as a tower of DNA helix. Here are located the letters of the Georgian alphabet.
- Miracle Park and sculpture “I, You and Batumi”.
- The statue of Ali and Nino is a monument dedicated to the love of the daughter of the Georgian duke and descendant of a noble Azerbaijani family. Movable composition, symbolizing the unity between Asia and Europe. Was created by the Georgian sculptor Tamara Kvesitadze.
Further moving to Sarpi, to the Georgian-Turkish border, where we will visit:
- The Apsaros fortress or the Gonio fortress is one of the oldest fortresses located 12 km far from Batumi. According to the ancient Greek legend, the name Apsaros comes from the myth of the Argonauts. The fortress was a powerful citadel of the Roman and later Byzantine Empire due to its good location. The rich history of the fortress still keeps many secrets and mysteries. So it attracts scientists and archaeologists from all over the world.
- Not far from the Georgian-Turkish border there is a small waterfall and a statue of St. Andrew the First-Called. According to tradition, he built here the first temple and ordained the first priests.
Moving towards mountains: GRAND SIGHTSEEING OF ADJARA
- The charm of today’s excursion is the highland Adjara.
- Stop in the mountains at the confluence of the river Chorokh and Adjaristkali.
- Arched bridge – stretching over the unpredictable mountain river Adjaristkali, rise the stone bridge of Queen Tamara. The bridge, founded in the 12th century, conveyed to us his sad story.
- Mirveti waterfall pearl of Adjara, which falls from the top of the mountain in a huge stone bowl. It is difficult to tear your eyes from an unforgettable spectacle.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on Adjara grand city tour.
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.