Trip to mountainous Adjara
Trip to mountainous Adjara is one of the best places for ecological and ethnic tourism. In small villages in the valleys of the Chorokhi Adjaristkali even today the age-old way of life are preserved, traditions and customs of ancestors are followed. The waterfall in the village of Mahuntseti is fascinating with its beauty. The local authorities paved the way to the waterfall. From a height of just over twenty meters, crystal clear mountain water falls. Its powerful splashes charging with incredible energy. MOUNTANIOUS ADJARA
The Adjara region is interesting with almost 800 years old stone bridges of the time of Queen Tamara. Villages are connected by about twenty such bridges located on the picturesque banks of a mountain river. We will visit one of these bridges today. Surprisingly, the secret to their durability lies in a special design. They are held together by friction, and in the middle is a wedge-shaped key stone. One of these long-livers, the arch bridge of Mahuntseti, was reconstructed in 2008. All bridges are narrow, because in addition to communication, they performed a defensive function.
Place to visit:
- Queen Tamar bridge – arched stone bridge spans the big mountain river and dates back to the late 12th century.
- Chorokh and Adjaristskali – the place of two rivers confluence; one of them is originates from Turkey and another one in the mountain of Adjara.
- The Mahuntseti waterfall is a 20 meter high pearl of Adjara, which falls from the top of the mountain in a huge stone bowl. It is difficult to tear your eyes from an unforgettable spectacle.
- “Porto Franco” – wine cellars. You will get acquainted with the traditional method of making an exclusive wine of Adjara.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on a day trip to mountainous Adjara from Batumi
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to book the trip only with driver please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you.