Description of 6 day “Group tour on may day”
Trip Route: Tbilisi – Mtskheta – Gori – Uplistsikhe – Kutaisi – Batumi
Day 1 – Arrive in Tbilisi
Arrival and Meeting in Tbilisi airport.
Transfer to hotel. Check in.
Dinner in restaurant, you can taste national cuisine and enjoy live music and National Georgian Dance (for additional fee; 25$ per person)
Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 2 – Tbilisi city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. Tbilisi City Tour.
- Narikala based in IV century fortress, change layout and denomination several time, but still remain a tower of strength for locals
- Mother of Georgia is a monument symbolizing Georgian national character having in one hand, wine bowl with wine to greet those who came as a friend, into another sword – for those who came as an enemy.
- The Norashen Armenian Church or the Church of the Annunciation of the Virgin – founded by Sadat in 1467 in recent years became the object of a bitter conflict between the Georgian and Armenian communities that cannot share the Soviet legacy.
- Metekhi Temple – a temple built on a cliff above Kura was the residence of Georgian kings. It was at this temple that Abo Tbilisi, the heavenly patron and defender of Tbilisi, died martyrically.
- Anchiskhati Church is the oldest surviving church in Tbilisi.
- Leselidze Street and Baratashvili Bridge – in the past the street was called the Armenian Bazaar, then it was named after General Konstantin Leselidze. This is the main street of the Old Town. Bridge Baratashvili is considered one of the first bridges of Tbilisi. The bridge offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral is located in Tbilisi, on the hill of St. Ilya. This is the main cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church.
- Abanotubani – presumably here the city of Tbilisi began at sulfur sources.
Self-return to the hotel after the city tour. Overnight in hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 3 – Group tour to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out. Mtskheta city tour – Mtskheta is an ancient capital of Georgia and its spiritual centre, “second Jerusalem”
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral – the heart of Mtskheta. It was built in the 11th century on the site of the first in the state Christian church of St. Cidonia, built in the 4th century from wood. In the cathedral, in front of the altar, Georgian kings are buried: the founder of Tbilisi, Vakhtang Gorgasali, the ruler of Kakheti Irakli I, the dynasty of Bagrationi
- Samtavro Monastery keeps many sacred objects: St. Nina’s bacon (Makvlovani), part of the Life-giving Pillar Svetitskhoveli, miraculous icons of the Mother of God “Iverskaya” and St. Nina, the relics of St. Abybos of Nekres and Shio of Mgvime
- Jvari Monastery stands on Mount Armazi near the old Georgian capital of Mtskheta. And under the mountain, indeed, the rivers Aragvi and Kura are rustling, merging with green streams. According to legend, the holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Nino, walking through Georgia with a sermon, put a cross here. And a small church was built on the site of the cross in 545.
Dinner Stop in the restaurant (for additional fee). Excursion continuance. Moving to Gori and first stop:
- Stalin’s museum in Gori – one of the most famous museums in Georgia dedicated to thought leader. Stalin’s museum is dedicated to famous leader’s life perspective. Private comfortable armored wagon with luxurious interior such as Venice glass mirror, carved furniture stands near the Museum.
- Last stop in amazing city Uplistsikhe, history goes back three thousand of years. Uplistsikhe is sculpted in the rock and during heyday include 700 caves and cave facilities, 150 of which are preserved to date. Uplistsikhe is one of the rarest monuments in the world, ancient cave town. Cave town with centuries-long history and many underground tunnels.
Moving to Kutaisi. Overnight in the hotel in Kutaisi.
Day 4 – Trip to Kutaisi
Breakfast in the hotel early in the morning. Kutaisi Excursion:
- Gelati Monastery is historical architectural complex consisting of some temples, academy and library, Monastery was asset of Imperial court where religious sanctuary were stored
- Motsameta Monastery is one of the most beautiful monasteries between mountains. At the base of Monastery Rapid River Rioni flows. According to legend here were executed Georgian dukes David and Konstantine Mkheidze, who refused to accept Islamism.
- Prometheus Cave was originated by nature, unbelievable beauty stalactite and stalagmite cave. Excursion boats ply through cave subsurface rivers.
Then follows Evening excursion in Night Kutaisi visiting Bagrat Temple
- Bagrat Temple is important temple from historical point of view. David the builder, one of the famous kings of Georgia, was crowned in this temple
Overnight in the hotel in Kutaisi.
Day 5 – Batumi city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out. Moving to Batumi:
- First stop on the way is Botanical Garden which is one of the most visited places. It is possible to arrive here on excursion or walk around with guide along giant trees and flowers. Batumi Botanic Garden is like an Eden Garden, a little paradise, where outlandish plants all over the world are collected.
Arrival to the hotel. Check in Batumi hotel. Guided walk through Batumi city in the afternoon:
- Saint Nikolay Church one of the ancient churches of Batumi, situated in the heart of old city. Church was built on donation of local citizens with the permission of Turkish authority, who invades Adjara.
- Piazza is one of the main modern sights of Batumi. Locals and Batumi’s guests get hooked on the square built in Venetian style and decorated by ornamental pattern and became a destination of choice for having rest.
- Batumi seaport is a wonderful embankment, decorated with flowers by the sea. You may watch sea-gull flying and feast eyes with the Might Mountains by the hour together.
- Miracle Park is an ideal place for walking through. Park with sculpture and sightseeing appear just in the last several years. Here you may visit Ali and Nino statue, tower of Georgian Alphabet, “I, you and Batumi” sculpture, Lighthouse, Yacht Club and many more
- Batumi Boulevard – Resort City of Batumi is famous not only for its ancient temples and other historical sites but for seacoast Park. Batumi Boulevard extends for 7km and is considered to be one of the amazing places of Batumi. Here you can have a cup of coffee and enjoy to the sound of the sea lapping against the rocks, took a photo near Batumi Colonnade and Summer Theater.
- Europe Square – The main sight of Europe Square is Medea Statue. Statue freshens up memory of history of the Argonauts, who steal Golden Fleece from the king of Colchis. Along with that you may visit Astronomic Hour, Fountain, where local kids are playing, café and restaurants and interesting city architectural points.
Self return to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel in Batumi.
Day 6 – Departure from Batumi
Breakfast in the hotel.
Check out. Transfer to Batumi airport.
Happy flight and soft landing!
We will be glad to see you again in Georgia!
What your tour price includes?
Want to book 6 day “Group tour on may day”?
Do you want to ask a question or book a tour? Use the form “BOOK NOW” or “SEND INQUIRY”