Day 1 – Arrive to Baku airport
Meeting at the International Airport name of Heydar Aliyev and transfer to the hotel.
Check in to the hotel and free time.
Overnight in the hotel in Baku
Day 2 – Baku city tour
Breakfast in the hotel.
We will start tour to Azerbaijan-Georgia-Armenia and discover Baku city from sightseeing tour of Baku with a visit and tour of the monumental, historical and architectural monuments of the city: you will see a panorama of the city of Baku Bay and the Upland Park.
Then follows the visiting of the old city *Icheri sheher – the inner city*.Icheri sheher means the inner city. It was called the inner after the oil boom of the middle of the XIX century when the city stopped to hold in defense walls and left its limit. Several tens of the historical- architectural monuments at the same time the Shirvanshakhs Palace, the symbol of Baku city The Maiden Tower, the place of merchants rest Karavansaray are concentrated in the Icheri sheher, with the square of 22 hectares.
Icheri sheher is the live organism, which has its own infrastructure and inhabited files. The place where 1300 families are living. In a word, it is an ancient city in the modern city. The most attractive and interesting section of the Center is the Museum of Heydar Aliyev. The Museum describes the history of Azerbaijan. Also different stages of Heydar Aliyev’s life and work. Evening walk along the central streets of the city and updated fountain square, shopping.
Back to the hotel for free time.
Optional in the evening we offer you a colorful dinner at the National Museum restaurant with live music and amazing Azerbaijani atmosphere
Overnight in the hotel in Baku.
Day 3 – Free day in Baku
Breakfast in the hotel. At 12:00 check out and free time until the evening.
Voyage to Gobustan is one of keep in memory excursion of Azerbaijan. The place is famous with ancient petroglyph of primitive race, museum in the open air is situated here resembling tent of wanderer from a distance. Viewing equipment and 3D prospect are surrounded by samples of local petroglyph. Antecedents of modern Azerbaijans, who lived in III-II millennium BC, are situated in adjacent hall. You will visit petroglyph zone with guide after visiting exhibit hall. You will walk through special marked trace and guide will tell you the story regarding this places and petroglyphs, where boats, peoples, animals and primitive race culture images are illustrated, further with bushmeat hunting scene. Besides petroglyph you may view real Roman lettering voice the following “nearly 2000 years ago Roman XIIth Lightning Legion was stationed here.
Furthermore we are expecting to visit another miraculous place Azerbaijan mud volcano – to your gaze will open desert like moon landscape and big amount of volcano, some of them are gurgling, throwing up volcanic mud. Volcano’s will charme you and sometimes its hard to drag your gaze away (in case of good weather).
On the way to hotel we are expecting another sight Bibi-Eibat mosque is built in 13 century and is unique mosque unfortunately doesn’t preserve to date. It was destroyed by Bolsheviks; similar mosque was reconstructed in 90ies of previous century. Mosque is a whole complex of graves and shrines of honored people. Grave of Ukeima Khanum is situated here. It is considered to be statuesque monument of Azerbaijan Islamic architecture. Ukeima Khanum led up her generation of Prophet Mohammed, according to big lettering in burial vault.
In the evening transfer to the railway station. Overnight in the train.
Day 4 – Tbilisi city tour
Arrival to Tbilisi. Check in at 14:00 pm. At 15:00 pm departure to excursion and continue tour to Azerbaijan-Georgia-Armenia in Tbilisi. Guided Tbilisi city tour starts from walking through narrows old Tbilisi streets, visit the fortress Narikala complex IV century in Old Tbilisi, the Metekhi temple with panoramic views of the old city; The Sioni Cathedral is the main temple of Tbilisi; The Anchiskhati church is the oldest surviving church in Tbilisi; let’s see the Meidan Square, Shardeni Street, Freedom Square, Shota Rustaveli Avenue and much more.
Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi.
Day 5 – Trip to Ananuri and Gergeti
Breakfast in the hotel. We will go along the military-Georgian road and will visit:
- Ananuri Fortress stands in picturesque place on the coast of Zhinvali Water Reservoir, become stage of numerous battles. Ananuri is the main key point of Aragvi Eristavs. Fortress guarded the way to ancient capital of Dusheti.
- Zhinvali water reservoir – is the most wonderful place in Georgia, stretched out between mountain tops, turquoise mirror of water reservoir is unusually picturesquely in any time of year. Zhinvali Water Reservoir is very beautiful by the ancient road, called military-Georgian from the time of Russian Empire. Defensive Fortress Ananuri is located on shore of water reservoir. Fortress is founded in 16 century AD and is well preserved.
- Furthermore moving to Gudauri, modern ski resort of Georgia is located on the south slope of Great Caucasus. Young resort develops rapidly, offering its guests new traces, hotels and entertainment.
- Gergeti Trinity Church is the most wonderful sightseeing and sanctity of Georgia was founded in the 14th century, is at 2170m above the sea level. Church is visible from any point of Stepantsminda.
- Breathtaking Georgian Military road passes through Cross Pass won’t leave anyone indifferent. The Cross Pass was named due the fact that in 1824 the place of intersection of Caucasian ridge. And Georgian Military road was marked with the stone cross. For this reason Pass was called Cross Pass.
- The Arch of Diversity Russia and Georgia is with the viewing platform, was created in 1983 and is dedicated to the two hundredth anniversary of the St. George’s treatise. The platform is fenced with a giant mosaic panel which depicts significant events of Georgian history.
Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi
Day 6 – Mtskheta city tour
The sacred city of Mtskheta is the ancient capital of Georgia. And its spiritual center, the “second Jerusalem”. In 319 the Cappadocian girl Nina entered the Georgian capital of Mtskheta. She began preaching the doctrine of the Lord Jesus Christ what was forgotten in these lands. Queen Nana healed through the prayers of the holy and soon was baptized. However, King Mirian, her husband, did not listen to the preaching and the apparent miracles of Saint Nina. Once, when he went hunting, Mirian began to think about betraying to tortures Queen Nana and St. Nina. At that moment the sun faded. The frightened king prayed to “God of Nina.” The darkness dissipated. Thereafter Mirian and his people were baptized. Christianity was declared the state religion of Georgia in 324 or 327.
The one of the oldest cities in Georgia the city of Gori is located not far from Mtskheta. For the first time Gori was mentioned in the chronicles from the 7th century AD. And takes its name from the rock formation (goraki) in the center of the city, on which the remains of the ancient fortress Goris-tsikhe are located. There is a historical museum devoted to the life of the most famous native of the city – Joseph Stalin.
The last stop is the amazing town of Uplistsikhe, whose history is 3 millennia. Uplistsikhe is carved in the rock and during the heyday included more than 700 caves. And cave structures, only 150 of which have survived by now.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is the heart of Mtskheta. It was built in the 11th century on the site of the first Christian church in the state, the church of St. Cidonia, built from wood in the 4th century. The founder of Tbilisi, Vakhtang Gorgasali, the ruler of Kakheti Irakli the First, and the dynasty of Bagrationi – Georgian kings are buried in the cathedral, in front of the chancel.
- Samtavro Monastery keeps much sanctity: St. Nina’s bramble (Makvlovani), part of the Life-giving Pillar Svetitskhoveli, miraculous icons of the Mother of God “Iverskaya” and St. Nina, the relics of St. Abybos of Nekres and Shio of Mgvime.
- Jvari Monastery is the friary, stands on Mount Armazi near the old Georgian capital of Mtskheta. The Rivers Aragvi and Kura, indeed, are rustling, merging with green streams under the mountain. According to the legend, the holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Nino, walking through Georgia with a preaching. Put a cross here and a small church was built on the site of the cross in 545.
- Uplistsikhe – one of the rarest monuments in the world – the oldest city-fortress. Cave city with a long history and a lot of underground tunnels.
Overnight in the hotel in Tbilisi
Day 7 – Free day in Tbilisi
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out.
Free time up to the evening. You can leave luggage on reception and buy some souvenirs. Departure to railway station
Overnight in the train.
Day 8 – Trip to Garni and Gegard
Arrival to Yerevan early in the morning. Trip will lead to paganish temple of Garni, built in I century by Armenian king Trdat the first and dedicated to The God of Sun Mikhra. According to history, the temple was built by funds of Roman Emperor Heron. Azat river gorge is famous by its basaltic column produced due to volcanic scoria stream.
Next stop is Gegard (IV century) monastery complex itemized by UNESCO in the world cultural heritage. The full denomination is Gegardavank, verbally “glave monastery”. Denomination originates from Jesus Glave (Longin Glave), which Romanian warrior Longin plunge into Jesus Christ. Glave is preserved in treasure house of Echmiadzin Cathedral Temple
Way back to Yerevan. Check in. Furthermore walking through Erevan city; Architecture of Erevan is original. Today’s Erevan is city which combines different architecture styles with green avenue and fountains. We will get acquainting with following sight of Erevan: Great Cascade (museum in the open air), France Square, Opera and Ballet Theater, Northern Avenue, Republic Square.
Overnight in the hotel in Yerevan.
Day 9 – Yerevan city tour
Breakfast in the hotel. We will visit Republic Square centre of Erevan. The main Armenian History Museum is situated here. 400 000 exhibits are collected here, display is dividing on several sections: archeological, ethnographical, numismatology section, section of historical architecture and the section of new and up-to-date history of Armenia.
Next place to visit is Erevan Cognac House, where we are expecting amazing excursion with degustation of 2 sorts of cognac’s (three-year-old “Ararat” and decade-old “Akhtamar”).
Moving to Echmiadzin city the centre of Armenian Apostolic Church, where residence of patriarch is situated. We will visit Echmiadzin Cathedral Temple (301-483) which is listed in World Heritage of UNESCO.
Further we will visit Zvartnots temple ruins, devastated by earthquake. Temple ruins and archeological area is listed in World Heritage of UNESCO.
Way back to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel in Yerevan.
Day 10 – Free day in Yerevan
Breakfast in hotel. Free day
Overnight in the hotel in Yerevan.
Day 11 – Departure from Yerevan
Breakfast in hotel. End of the tour to Azerbaijan-Georgia-Armenia
Check out. Transfer to Yerevan airport.
Happy flight and soft landing!
We will be glad to see you again!