Tbilisi city tour
Tbilisi city tour will show you how the city unfold around you on our Tbilisi sightseeing guided tour. Tbilisi is iridescent and warm, ancient and modern, where each street is native and familiar. Ruined by raids and set on fire by the barbarians, you rose from the ashes seducing new conquerors to their bitter defeats. You are the “magic land” of Pushkin, the beloved city of Lermontov, the bright impression of Tolstoy, the “homeland” of Gorky, the creative path of Mayakovsky, Yesenin, Pasternak, Chekhov and Paustovsky, the abode of Tchaikovsky, Mandelstam, Aivazovsky, Repin, Rubinstein, Vasnetsov, Vereshchagin, Shalyapin ….
Today we will visit:
- Narikala* – an ancient symbol of Tbilisi, which was established in the 4th century and was known as Shuris-tsikhe (Invidious Fort). We also call Narikala the Mother Fortress of Tbilisi. Narikala offers the guests the best panoramas of Tbilisi.
- Mother of Georgia* – most famous woman in Tbilisi Kartlis Deda situated at the important crossroads where Europe meets Asia. Sculpture of a woman in Georgian national dress symbolizes the Georgian national character: in her left hand she holds a bowl of wine to greet those who come as friends, and in her right hand is a sword for those who come as enemies.
- Norashen Holy Mother of God Church* – is a 15th-century Armenian church located in a central and ancient neighborhood of Tbilisi. The name Norashen is of Armenian extraction and means ‘newly constructed’.
- Metekhi Church* – was built by the Georgian king St Demetrius II in 1278–1284. The Temple is standing close to the edge of the rocky bank of the Kura.
- Anchiskhati Basilica* is one of the oldest Georgian Orthodox church’s located in Old Town of Tbilisi. The history of this church dates back to the 6 century. The church was built by the King Dachi of Iberia (circa 522-534) who had made Tbilisi his capital.
- Baratashvili Bridge and Leselidze street – over the Mtkvari River in Tbilisi is decorated with bronze figures and is often referred to as the Bridge of Love, in reference to its name, honoring the Georgian romanticism poet Nikoloz Baratashvili. We will walk in the central street in old town.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral* – commonly known as Sameba it is the main cathedral of Georgian Orthodox Church. Cathedral is the third highest Cathedral in the world and the symbol of new Georgia.
- Abanotubani* – the ancient district of Tbilisi, known for its sulfuric baths. Abanotubani is the place, where according to legend, King Vakhtang Gorgasali’s falcon fell, leading to the discovery of the hot springs and, subsequently the founding of a new capital.
Optional, the program can be completed in one of Tbilisi’s national restaurants. TBILISI CITY TOUR
The Georgian feast will unfold before you like a poem, like a tablecloth, like a performance in a variety of acts. We can not describe this, it has to be experienced.
The completion of schedule. Way back to hotel.
|INCLUDE IN THE PRICE||NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE|
Price on Tbilisi city tour
1 – 3 pers
|4 – 6 pers||7 – 14 pers|
- In case if you will find the cheaper price, please notify us, we will check and try to offer you more convenient price!!!
- If you want to visit excursion with driver-guide please contact us
- The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
Do you have any questions or would like to book tour? Please use “SEND INQUIRY” or “MAKE BOOKING” form and we will contact you